Annual LTPAC Health IT Summit
2013 Long-Term and Post-Acute Care HIT Summit
Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor
June 17-18, 2013
Registration for this event is now open. Register Now
The Long-Term and Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) Health IT (HIT) Summit is the leading health IT conference. The Summit convenes HIT leaders, policy makers, federal and state grantees, providers, vendors, professionals and standards development organizations to advance policies and initiatives in alignment with the national health care strategy.
The two day Summit provides thought-provoking, interactive sessions to advance priorities, showcase real world implementation successes, and put the spotlight on certified LTPAC technologies. Summit attendees network with decision-makers and influencers and provide critical insights to move forward the LTPAC Health IT Road Map.
Each year the Summit advances key strategies and issues - this year’s Summit includes plenary and concurrent sessions, an exhibit hall, an interoperability showcase, poster and dialogue sessions focused upon:
- Strategies to bridge the gap between LTPAC providers and those incentivized to adopt EHR technology.
- Advancements in health information exchange and interoperability to improve care coordination.
- Case studies and research that demonstrate impacts to clinical outcomes, patient safety and cost of care.
- Success stories for tackling current challenges including hospital readmissions and the role of technology.
- Developments in clinical decision support and analytics tools as well as strategies to improve their use and impact.
- Progress on emerging delivery and payments models.
- Important steps to develop appropriate longitudinal process, outcome and quality measures and related tools.
- Use of enabling technologies (including telehealth, telemedicine, monitoring and point of care devices) to engage patients and discuss their role in care delivery, care coordination and EHR systems.
- Discuss opportunities for LTPAC with Meaningful Use Stage 2 and the push for information exchange.
- Support for organizations starting out with HIT and EHR implementation.
Audience: The diverse Summit audience includes policy-makers from key federal and state government agencies, leaders, implementers, and technology vendors. Attendees include:
- LTPAC healthcare organization administrative and nursing leadership, corporate leaders, nurse assessment coordinators, and health information managers.
- Information Officers
- Medical Directors and Physicians
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Standards Development Organizations
- Hospitals and other healthcare organizations working with LTPAC organizations (including hospitalist, case managers, discharge planners)
- Federal and State officials – including government agencies, HIT offices, Medicare and Medicaid offices.
- Housing providers including assisted living, HUD housing, and housing with services
- Accountable care organizations
- Technology vendors
Continuing Education Units: 14